Sunday, June 17, 2007

Fantasy Baseball Failure

I'm presently playing fantasy baseball, courtesy of Major League Baseball. The only good thing about this is that it doesn't cost me anything to play. Otherwise, I would have lost everything I own, which isn't much, but it's all I have.

Consider the game "Home Run Beat the Streak." If I could pick a player each day who will hit a home run, and if I do that 11 or more times, I might win $10,000.

The player presently in the lead has a streak of 9.

Thus far, my longest streak is 1, and my present streak is 0.

I'm beginning to lose hope.

Then there's the game called "Survivor 2007." In this game, all I have to do is pick a winning team each day until I have reached a winning streak longer that any other player.

If I do that, I'll win 2 season tickets for the team of my choice (the Cubs) for the 2008 season.

At present, the leading player has built a winning streak of 19 (nineteen) games.

By contrast, my longest streak was 3, and my current streak is 0.

I'm beginning to wonder if I have the right stuff for MLB fantasy baseball.

No comments: