Thursday, February 08, 2007

ScalesEtc

Every year I go to my annual physical, and every year my doctor tells me the same thing. I need to lose weight. Just a little more exercise and a lot less food will do the job. Then I go home, trot around the block a few times, and eat a light dinner. When sleep starts pulling me toward the bed, I resist the temptation to have a snack, and soon my snoring is waking up everyone on the block.

The next morning, I hop out of bed and rush to the bathroom to check the results of my heroic efforts. I jump on the scales, watch the dial, and suddenly remember what I always remember. My scales don’t work. To the best of my knowledge, my scales have never worked. I think I bought them at a fire sale and subsequently learned that all the movable parts had fused together during the fire that prompted the sale. The time has come for me to get some Digital Scales.

ScalesEtc has scales for any weight you want—grams, pounds, tons. You name it. And ScalesEtc also has scales for every common use. Scales for cooking, scales for shipping, scales for THE BATHROOM. And because I can order my bathroom scales online, I have no reason to forget about buying an accurate set of scales with nice large numbers that will tell me if I’m making progress with my weight-loss efforts.

And I don’t have to worry about getting a pair of scales that melted in a fire. ScalesEtc sells My Weigh-brand scales with a lifetime warranty from the manufacturer. Jennings scales come with a 20-year warranty. And all these scales are sold at discount prices. Why don’t I place my order before my annual physical? I’m listening to you Dr. V. I really am. I’ll see you in May.

No comments: