Friday, January 26, 2007

The Fat Lip

Many years ago I was walking down the sidewalk, minding my own business, when a kid suddenly took a swing at me with his fist. It wasn’t a knockout blow, but it did cut my lower lip. I spat blood on the drunken punk’s shirt and wrestled him to the ground. I felt like killing him, but that wouldn’t have improved my career path. So I sat on him until the police arrived.

My attacker got off with a $100 fine, and I got off with a fat lip. Someone told me, much too late, that I should have sued the jerk. I realize now that I could have used the services of simmons jannace & stagg, but that excellent firm didn’t yet exist at that time.

The law practice of Simmons, Jannace, & Stagg was formed ten years ago as a firm that dealt primarily with commercial and general liability litigation in New York, Connecticut, and New Jersey. Today, the firm has expanded its practice to include labor and employment, municipal law, real estate, and many other areas of interest to its growing list of clients. These clients include some of the largest corporations in the country, such as Home Depot, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., Best Buy, and many others.

Simmons, Jannace, & Stagg has retained this list of clients by providing new ways to resolve conflicts, thereby offering its services at a reasonable cost. And the firm is equally adept at representing small companies and individuals. I’m an individual. If I ever get another fat lip, I’ll know who to call.

No comments: