Thursday, January 11, 2007

Railroads, Bridges, and Power Plants

Civil engineers work in the branch of engineering that plans and constructs large public works such as railroads, bridges, and power plants. In other words, they do the kind of work that I could never do. In the 1800’s, my great-grandfather patented and built three kinds of steel-truss bridges for railroads, streets, and highways. But I’m not my great-grandfather.

I can’t build bridges, but I use them anytime I go somewhere. I need to use the structures that civil engineers can create only after years of study and work. I benefit from flood control and irrigation systems, even though I may never see the dams and waterways that make them possible.

In order for these engineers to complete the work that society requires, they must be associated with the right Civil Engineering Firms. That’s where CSI makes its contribution. CSI recruits civil engineers for the engineering firms that need those recruits. CSI has a four-member management team with over 60 years of recruiting experience in the field of civil engineering. In addition, CSI has a staff of 14 professional recruiters located throughout the United States.

CSI recruiters do not waste their time shuffling through piles of ancient resumes. Instead, they work with the candidates who are calling or submitting resumes right now. Using a database of job seekers, CSI recruiters place over 25,000 telephone calls in a typical month. Given the success of these energetic recruiters, CSI now represents over 50 top-flight civil engineering firms. By first understanding the needs of each firm it represents, CSI knows the best candidates for each job before anyone picks up a phone.

Thanks for the bridges, guys. I need them.

No comments: